The Sales Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and directing sales activities of the company to achieve sales objectives, while supporting all related sales activities in-line with the company’s strategic initiatives. The Sales Manager will report directly to the Director of Sales and will work closely with all functional departments in support of the sales organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maximizing sales team potential
- Development of sales strategies to achieve organizational sales goals, and presenting those plans to upper management
- Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team and ensure the team has the necessary resources needed to perform successfully
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and customer proposals
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue
- Generate timely sales reports
- Provide insight regarding product pricing and delivery (freight)
- Formulate, modify sales policies and procedures as needed
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis
- Analyze data to identify sales opportunities
- Promote selling through development of focused sales campaigns
- Assists when necessary with customer requests, questions; frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Provide sales analysis of data based on business performance, or key metrics.
- Understands sales statistics to generate ideas and to expand services available to present customers.
- Implements all applicable sales programs.
- Handles personnel dealer complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Coordinates activity with the credit department to assist as necessary.
- Collects current information of competitive product and activity when presented.
- Collaboratively communicates/coordinates inside sales activities effectively with counterparts as applicable.
- Has awareness of costs associated with customer support (pricing, invoice adjustments, returns).
- Travel 10-20% required
- Other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- 10 + years Sales Management Experience. B to B selling. Industry related experience a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Business Administration or related field
- Successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Excellent computer skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, vacation time and 401K.